There is nothing more rejuvenating and uplifting for our mind, body, and soul then spending time in the great outdoors. There is beauty all around us if we just look. This Thursday we will be celebrating Earth Day for the 51st time and while great progress has been made, we have more work to do.
You may have celebrated your first Earth Day with a tree planting ceremony in elementary school or maybe you didn't know it was an event until you grew up and learned more about the importance of conservation, but either way, this Earth Day we can all do something to forge a new path forward to the only planet we have, Earth.
Here are some things you can do, big and small, that can help save our most precious resource, the Earth.
- Recycle. Even if you already do this, you can do more. The more you recycle the better it is for our planet.
- Plant a tree. Millions of trees are removed from the Earth each year for a variety of reasons, this Earth Day if we all planted one there would be plenty to replace what has been moved.
- Investigate adding solar electricity to your home or office. Solar energy is cleaner and cheaper then any other electricity available today. This is a big thing that can make an even bigger difference.
- Do a trash clean-up. Sadly there is trash all around us. If we all take a few minutes to pick it up we can make the world a cleaner and brighter place.
- Walk/bike instead of driving to your destinations today. It may take a little longer, but it will greatly reduce your carbon footprint and you will be able to say you did something great for the Earth.
Here at Earthen Skincare, as our name suggests, we are firm believers in the healing powers that nature holds. The natural world that surrounds us is the key to a sustainable and healthy future. If we don't protect our precious Earth we will leave a worse existence for our kids and our grandchildren. When you are spending your day racing from meeting to meeting, on Thursday, at least, stop and smell the roses and then do something to save the roses.
Happy Earth Day!