Our skin is our largest organ in the human body. Being the biggest comes a lot of responsibility, whether it’s providing a physical barrier between vital organs and the outside world, or maintaining the moisture balance of the circulatory system. Even though the skin is such a vital organ, so many people fail to properly care for their skin and maintain it the way they should.
Below are 5 reason to develop a proper skincare routine:
- Illness prevention. Skin is the primary barrier between your organs and the world. It blocks germs, illness, and other harmful elements from penetrating into your body. Healthy skin is better able to defend you from elements that otherwise would make you sick.
- Faster healing. Whether it's a scrape from playing with your kids, or a cut on your finger while cooking in the kitchen, you will damage your skin at some point. Healthy skin is better able to regenerate and heal itself, allowing you to heal faster and be less susceptible to infection.
- Appearance. Simply put, healthy skin is better looking skin. Taking care of your skin reduces the signs of aging and provides a more vibrant, youthful complexion.
- Cancer Prevention. Sun damage can lead to skin cancer. Care for your skin and yourself by using a sunscreen anytime you plan on heading out into the sun.
- Comfort. Healthy skin is comfortable skin. Most of us have dealt with the discomfort of dry, dehydrated skin at some point. Proper care of our skin makes it less susceptible to damage and irritation.
Establishing a proper skincare routine is an important part of overall health. What your chose to put on your skin is also paramount. Establishing a skincare routine with natural skin care products, like those from Earthen SkinCare.