There is just something about the fall that makes me feel so refreshed and rejuvenated. I don't know if it is the cool, crisp air, or the changing colors on the trees, but the fall puts me in a cozy mood that gets me ready for some me time. It is also the perfect opportunity for me to take stock in my goals for leading a healthy lifestyle.
One of the things that is so important to me is the health of my skin. You've probably heard before that your skin is your largest organ. Taking care of my skin has always been a priority for me and now that I am out in the work force, it is more important then ever to me to be taking good care of myself and my skin is one of the best places to start.
Of course I have a great skincare routine that I follow religiously each and every morning and night, but taking care of my skin goes beyond that. There are things I do and things I should be doing to make sure that my skin stays healthy during these beautiful fall months.
- Go for a walk. A stroll in the park is great for your overall health and it's equally great for your mental health. Seeing the foliage is an added benefit.
- Hang out with friends. You may not think of this as a way to keep your skin healthy, but it lowers stress and that is good for your skin. I've been known to attend more than one Friendsgiving party.
- Visit family. Before the hustle and bustle of the holidays now is a perfect time to see family when everyone is still relaxed and not running around. Once again this human interaction is good for your overall health, including the low stress activity being good for your skin.
- Travel. Sure it's a little tricky right now to travel too far, but near me a simple road trip will get me up into the mountains and I'll be enjoying the beautiful fall foliage vistas in no time.
- Treat Yo' Self. There's nothing like an at-home spa day when you can wrap yourself in a warm bathrobe and take good care of your whole body. Skincare is of course a part of my routine and should be of yours too, but take good care to make a relaxing day out of a cool fall Saturday, your skin will thank you for it.
Fall is a great time to focus on you. I always make an effort to get as much ME time in as possible before the leaves are all gone and the snow is falling. Spending quality time on yourself is the best way to remain mentally strong and keep your physical health in check as well.