All this week Earthen Skincare is celebrating self care week. Especially in these uncertain times self care has become so important to maintain a positive life balance and be the keeper of your own happiness. Spending time on yourself is one of the best things you can do to make life a more fulfilling and joyful adventure.
To kick it off we have developed a list of five things you should either start doing or set in motion this week that can help you with your self care all year round. These items are designed to make sure the self care you engage in each and every year is more meaningful and more fulfilling of your goals on a day to day basis.
1. Make a plan to get more sleep. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to get enough sleep. Waking up groggy from a night of binging too many episodes of The Housewives is not setting yourself up for success. Plan now to have a consistent bedtime and get yourself at least seven hours of sleep a night.
2. Try to dump one vice from your life. We all have vices. Some of us drink too much, some of us have coffee three times a day, some of us eat too much. Whatever your vices are, try to get rid of one of them. It can be hard, but if you start with one it will have a snowball effect on the rest.
3. Review your skincare routine. If you have a skincare routine you may want to look it over and make sure it is still working for you. Maybe you need to exfoliate more frequently or moisturize two times a day instead of one time a day. Taking a look at your routine or even developing a new routine can set you up for a year long self care success.
4. Find a space to clear your head. This should be away from everyone. Maybe it is Yoga or going for a walk. Maybe it's engrossed in a good book. Maybe it's zoning out with your favorite songs. Whatever it takes for you get some "you" space to get your head clear, you may want to try it.
5. Get some exercise. One of the best things you can do for self care is to get your mind, body, and soul right. Starting with your body, the other two will come along eventually.
One final note, don't put too much pressure on yourself. Self care is meant to be positive and certainly it is not meant to be stressful. Take a small step every once in a while and you'll be on the path to having good self care in no time.