Keeping your skin looking youthful and fresh is our job here at Earthen Skincare and our collection of skincare products will help you do just that. However, there are also some things you can do to aid in the health and well-being of your skin.
By now you've heard us tout the fact that there are foods that can benefit your skin in a tremendous way, but did you know there are also foods that can impact your skin negatively? It's true. This list, while not comprehensive will give you a good idea of the types of foods you will want to avoid if you are worried about your skincare.
- French fries: You probably already know that, while tasty, french fries are not the best food for your overall health, but did you know that they can also be damaging to your skin. Foods cooked in fatty oils can release free radicals which interact with your skin and cause it to become weaken the elasticity of your skin.
- White sugar: Sugar speeds up the aging process in a variety of ways. One way is that it contributes to the creation of AGEs which are damaging to the collagen in your skin.
- Margarine: While butter and margarine are not great for your skin, it has been shown that margarine is the biggest offender. The fatty acids in margarin leave your skin vulnerable to ultraviolet rays (aka the sun) and we all know how bad sun damage is for our skin.
- Soda and coffee: While the nutrients (or lack thereof) in soda and coffee are not linked to poor skin health, they are linked to less sleep. The less sleep your get the more exposed you are to wrinkles and dark circles under your eyes.
- Alcohol: A drink every now and again will probably not do damage to your skin, but once you've passed moderation, alcohol can be utterly damaging to your skin. Consider that high consumption of alcohol will reduce your bodies hydration, vitamin A, and nutrients all of which have been directly linked to increasing wrinkles.
Nobodies diet is perfect, but taking a few small steps can help aide your skin in staying youthful looking. If you work on reducing your consumption of the foods and beverages above you'll be well on your way to younger looking skin in no time.
Photo credit: 1033uscountry.com